Below are the current Job Openings with Sierra Hospice and Forget-Me-Not Thrift Store. Please contact Matt with any questions at email@example.com or by phone at 530-284-3412
Sierra Hospice’s Forget-Me-Not Thrift Store is currently seeking a Part-Time Temporary Employee to work at the Forget-Me-Not Thrift Store located in Chester, CA. Forget-Me-Not Thrift Store (FMN) is part of Sierra Hospice, an organization that supports patients, families, and caregivers of terminally ill patients in the greater Lake Almanor Area. The funds from sales at FMN directly support the ongoing efforts of Sierra Hospice, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Job Title: Inventory Associate
Job Summary: Will be responsible for receiving, sorting, moving, handling, and otherwise controlling the flow of donations and used goods that come through FMN regularly. Will also be able to assist customers with purchases and with moving items between the store and their vehicles.
Reports To: Forget-Me-Not Store Manager
Rate of Pay: $12.00/hour, part-time, temporary (approximately 16-weeks)
Inventory Associate Job Description:
- Assessing and sorting new donations
- Restocking the retail shelves of FMN
- Assisting customers with purchases and questions
- Checking that all donated items are clean and in working order
- Keeping the interior and exterior areas of the store clean and keeping walking and shopping areas clear and safe
- This position requires the ability to regularly move, lift, pull, and otherwise maneuver many items each day. Candidates for this position must be able to lift, unaided, 25-pound objects multiple times per day and be able to, with help or equipment, move large items such as furniture, sinks, and a large variety of other items.
- Work will often require the ability to kneel, stoop, bend, and remain on your feet throughout the shift.
- Cleaning, minor maintenance, and other custodial duties as needed
- Perform other duties, tasks, and jobs as requested by the Store Manager as needed
Inventory Associate Job Requirements:
- Entry Level Position
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Some retail/merchandising preferred but not required
To Apply Obtain and Fill Out an Application and Return it to:
Forget-Me-Not Thrift Store, 684 Main Street, Chester, CA 96020